Shoes and Skates

Boys with shoes seems to be a prompt this week at Sepia Saturday. Here's a photo from my family photo collection of my dad with his best friend during high school exchanging their shoes for hockey skates. As there were few rinks during the depression they are at a local pond probably with number of their other friends ready to slap the puck around.

They don't seem to be to heavily dressed for cold weather. Perhaps this was an early spring day when they ice was still strong with a warm breeze.

My dad gave me hockey equipment when I was little. We didn't have organized teams in the 60's as they do now. Heck we didn't even have indoor rinks. Even our high schools played at outdoor rinks.

I do remember playing pond hockey without being bundled up in winter clothing, on a warm early spring day.

hockey boys at pond

Enhanced by Zemanta
10 comments

Popular Posts!

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back

Working Women