Theme Thursday - Park

Photo: CrazyasaCoolFox
Harvard Yard
Those of us that hail from Massachusetts, when visiting other parts of the country, are frequently asked to say a few simple words. It's not as if we are asked to give a speech as there are only six words in this simple sentence.

It's not that I mind saying them or that they are difficult words to pronounce. It's really about how they are said and the frequency in which I am asked to say them. I was asked to say these words when I was attending college in West Virginia hundreds of times. I asked so many times that I refused to say them correctly. I just don't see how they can be of any entertainment value to anyone. But being the polite guest I would oblige, or should I say indulge my hosts.

Do I have your curiosity? Maybe you have asked this of a Massachusetts resident yourself?

Those words are: "Pahk the cah in Hahvd Yahd." Translation to English: "Park the car in Harvard Yard."

I CAN HEAR YOU GIGGLING!

They ah many otha fine Theme Thehsdey posts in Hahvd Yahd, just click heea.

By the way, there is no way anyone could park a car in Harvard Yard as it has no vehicular access. haha
15 comments

Popular Posts!

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back

Working Women