Theme Thursday - Blue

I know what you're thinking... What does a horse and a hippie have to do with the color blue? This is me circa 1979. I'm at my friend Benji's farm...

I attended a small college called West Virginia Wesleyan in Buckhannon, WV. I met Benji from a fraternity where we were members. Benji was a local student and lived at his parents farm outside of town. I lived on campus. We would occasionally go to his house for lunch or dinner. His mom was a great cook and always had plenty of food on hand for two hungry teens. One of our favorite activies was horseback riding on the trails around the farm.

Benji had to teach me how to ride and let me saddle up the mare you see in this photo. She was always so gentle for me being the novice I was. Every time we went horseback riding I choose her to ride. I think she chose me as well. She got to know me as well as I knew her. I always had a little snack for her.

Her name was Blue.

4 comments

Popular Posts!

Hard Head or Hard Ice?

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back