Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back

Well last Sepia - Saturday's photo was on the serious side and not to be out done by Kat, I have a donkey entry. I thought I would hit you all with a crazy one this time.

I found this in a bunch of emails my brother-in-law forwards over to me. It was part of a power point slide presentation. I have no clue what that presentation was for but it has some very erie music played on a tin whistle, and begins with a photo of the Russian Army, the last Zsar of Russia, his wife, and son. There must be 50 old photos in the presentation so you all are in for some more from that collection. The photos are from around the early 1900's to the 1940's.

This photo looks like it is a soldier walking through a field. It seems there are two other soldiers in the background, one with a gun. But why is this soldier carrying this donkey? Shouldn't it be the other way around? At the very least that donkey should be carrying some of those soldiers supplies.

Well, one thing is for sure, donkey has a great vantage point. Perhaps he is telling the soldier where the enemy line is!


Does anyone have an idea where this photo is shot?




Posted by Picasa
17 comments

Popular Posts!

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Working Women