The Origins of Crazy as a Cool Fox

Many of my photos are of a wild red fox on the summit of Mount Washington in New Hampshire. I have climbed this mountain, the tallest in NE USA (6288ft), many times. I love how the weather at the top can be so extreme. It can get downright dangerous. Well these photos brought to mind how crazy it is for a fox to live on the summit, and also how cool a fox can me. Here is a video I found of one of the many fox who live on the summit. Notice how windy it is as his fur moves. The video isn't very good quality but it shows how tame these fox have become from getting some free handouts. I'm sure they supplement their diet with a few mice and moles found in the rocks!

Enhanced by Zemanta
3 comments

Popular Posts!

Hard Head or Hard Ice?

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back